Brief History of 205 Pecan McAllen


The BMC McAllen Office on 205 Pecan Boulevard.

Built by a community effort in the late 1940's by the McAllen Federation of Women's Clubs, the Burton McCumber & Cortez McAllen office building was a beloved site for club and social activities before becoming the home to dance studios. For nearly 60 years this grand old dame held a special place in the heart of many local citizens and played a significant role in their lives. BMC is proud to have restored this local landmark to prominence and to demonstrate our commitment to the community by preserving this symbol of the rich culture and heritage that is the heart of the Rio Grande Valley.

Fun Facts about Our McAllen Office Building