Lunch and Learn Business Seminar Series
Fraud: Why You Should be Worried
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016
- 12:00PM - 2:00PM
- Lunch Provided
- Location: McAllen Chamber of Commerce, 1200 Ash Avenue, McAllen, Texas
Employee fraud stories seem to regularly catch our attention in the headlines - and
can leave a company wondering what could have been done differently to safeguard
assets and the company's reputation. Workplace embezzlement has dramatically
increased during the past decade. Preventing fraud before it occurs is critical to
the success of any business and internal controls are a vital component of a fraud
What you will learn:
- What fraud is and its different forms.
- Who is the "typical" embezzler.
- The consequences of not having strong internal controls in place.
- What actions should you watch for.
- What actions should you take before and after discovering embezzelment.
- How certain internal controls may prevent fraud.
Who should attend: Company owners, CEOs, CFOs, Managers, Controllers, and Board Members.
- $10.00 Chamber Members
- $15.00 Non-Members
- Lunch included for registered attendees
- Seating is limited - timely registration is encouraged
- Contact: Michelle Rodriguez or Jorge Sanchez at 956-682-2871